Thanks for Yacy

Just discovered Yacy and just want to say Thanks for this grat working tool…

4 Likes

Thank you so much for Yacy. You are a great fellow, and a great benefactor. :slight_smile: I will definitely be there to support you morally and financially and information.

1 Like

Thank you for YaCy! It’s really cool that I can run my own personal instance of YaCy that I can use for searching, especially for new websites I never heard of. I can’t figure out how to open port 8090 for contributing to the network, so I put it on Robinson Mode.

1 Like

thank you :green_heart:

Hello

We would also like to say thank you for putting yacy on her feet.

Even if many ask at the first moment whether we as an association really want to compete with google, the board of directors is behind the idea of ​​building a topic-specific search engine for relatives of the mentally and physically ill.

At the weekend we took the second step (24 months are planned for this), and put a small server online outside of our association’s intranet and installed an external peer-to-peer Yacy instance. Still with small problems, but that will be fine.

Regards
Patrick Popelka

Hallo

Wir möchten ebenfalls Dankeschön sagen, das du yacy auf die Füße gestellt hast.

Auch wenn viele im ersten Augenblick fragen, ob wir als Verein wirklich google Konkurenz machen wollen, steht der Vorstand hinter der Idee eine themenpassierte Suchmaschine für Angehörige von psychisch und körperlich Erkrankten aufzubauen.

Am Wochenende haben wir den zweiten Schritt gemacht (eingeplant sind dafür 24 Monate), und haben einen kleinen Sever außerhalb unseres Vereinsintranet onlinegestellt und eine externe Peer to Peer Yacy Instanz installiert. Noch mit kleinen Problemen, aber das wird schon werden.

Grüße
Patrick Popelka

1 Like