Understanding YaCy

Hi T!

Glad to hear!

I just started to improve the docs, because I’m not a Java developer, and this is the only thing I could help here. Fortunately, the PRs are commited quite fast now, thanks, @Orbiter!

I think you can start anywhere you wish:

• write about a specific thing you explored and understand
  • go through the docs and find bugs, typos or missing links
  • go through the forum and legacy wiki and put already solved questions to FAQ
  • if you understand german, translate from german wiki, which is probably more information rich

Yesterday, I started a ‘Getting started’ section of FAQ, trying to mimick the perspective of somebody who just started with YaCy and provide all the informaton, beginner would need. It’s just really elementary now, and could be expanded.

Just fork the docs repository, improve, and push the changes. I tried to write a contribution guide, primarily for myself, as I’m a github newbie, which may be of some help (and could be improved eventually).

Thanks for contributing!

And a question for all in the forum: what do we miss the most in the docs? What was the most difficult thing to understand, and what did you find out?

I messed with the same thing. Would you share, what did you found about search parameters?